In order for us to successfully deliver your IPAF training there a handful of requirements which must be met:
- All delegates need to be a mimimum of 16 years of age.
- All delegates need to be able to comply with the following IPAF Health and Fitness Statement:
‘Since the safe use of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) requires that you consult safety notices and read and thoroughly understand the manufacturer’s instruction manual, literacy and language comprehension are important requirements for any MEWP user. Similarly, since the assembly and use of MEWPs can be physically demanding, users should be physically fit and in good health and should, generally, not have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, fear of heights / vertigo, giddiness / difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
If you have any problems with literacy or language comprehension, or have any doubts about your fitness to use MEWPs, you must bring them to the attention of your employer. This need not preclude you from using MEWPs, provided your employer conducts an assessment and is able to put into place adequate measures to take account of any difficulties you may have.’
- All delegates need suitable PPE for the practical training to include safety boots or shoes, hard hat, hi-viz vest or coat plus outdoor clothing suitable for the prevailing weather conditions.
Additional requirements for training on customers’ site:
- Office for theory training:– Sole and uninterupted use, of suitable size for the number of delegates(minimum of 15 sq mtr or 2.5 sq mtr per delegate whichever is the larger) with the provision of an adequate number of tables and chairs plus power points for a laptop and projector.
- Adequate welfare facilities:– toilets, refreshments etc.
- Machines for practical training:– A machine for each catagory of training being undertaken. All machines must have a current certificate of thorough examination,a manufacturers’ operator manual and be in good working order.
- Practical training area:– A segregated area of suitable size to allow full operation and travel of the machines. The area must be flat level ground capable of supporting the weight of the machine, free from underground voids, overhead power cables or any other hazards that will prevent safe operation.
- Site specific requirements:– Please advise at time of booking of any additional PPE, site inductions etc required for the trainer.
If you are unsure of any of the above requirements please contact us before completing the booking form.